- Feature Links
- Job Opportunities
Available positions at the Frederick County Health Department are listed on either the State of Maryland or Frederick County websites. Check back here regularly for opportunities to work for the Health Department or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
State posted positions at the Frederick County Health Department:
Ongoing and Continuous State Jobs:
- Environmental Health Specialist Trainee (learn more with the LEHS Brochure or MDH website for LEHS info)
- Community Health Nurse II
- Social Worker II
Frederick County posted positions (Developmental Center & School Health):
Health Department Volunteer Opportunities
Health Care Coalition Internship Opportunities
More information may be found: here , then scroll down and on left-side navigation bar, select Internships.
Behavioral Health Services/ Community Organized Recovery Efforts (CORE) Recovery Center
The Recovery Center is a recovery community organization that offers a variety of supports to those in recovery. Those who participate can expect to experience recovery related activities such as peer-led recovery discussion groups, wellness and life-skills classes, wellness and recovery planning groups, art classes and sober social activities.
- Recovery Coach - Persons with experience and knowledge of addictions guiding and mentoring people seeking or active in recovery
- Recovery Center Support - Participate in running recovery center activities, classes, groups, social functions, and providing administrative support
- Special Events - Participate in planning and working at special events for CORE participants
If interested, please send an email to CORE@FrederickCountyMD.gov or call 301-600-3289.