Safe Kids Frederick County
The mission of Safe Kids Frederick County is to prevent unintentional injuries to children under 19 years, in Frederick County, through a coordinated program of public awareness, education, legislative action, enforcement and access to low cost safety products.
More children under 19 years die from unintentional injuries than from all childhood diseases combined. Our efforts are generally divided into 7 focus areas:
Car Seat Assistance Program (CSAP)
Frederick County Health Department’s, Safe Kids Frederick County is happy to provide no cost car seats to our Frederick County Residents. Our mission is safety for all infants and children while riding in a vehicle.
- Frederick County Resident
- Eligible or enrolled in Medicaid
Apply at this link: Car Seat Assistance Program Application
Car Seat Checks
SAFE KIDS is currently not holding appointments for car seat checks/installations at the Health Department, please see the list below for resources:
- MARYLAND KIDS IN SAFETY SEATS (K.I.S.S.) Call our Helpline at 800-370-SEAT (7328). If you receive our Voicemail, staff is with another caller. Please leave a message. Email: email@example.com. Sign up here for online Webinars - Smartsheet.com
- SAFE KIDS WORLDWIDE: Safe Kids Worldwide (Find car seat check appointments and events in your area)
- Car Seats: Information for Families - HealthyChildren.org
- The Car Seat LadyNew Home - The Car Seat Lady
If you’d like to request a presentation on child safety or injury prevention, please call us at 301-600-3326.
Join the Safe Kids Frederick County Coalition