Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me® button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.
April 23, 2019, 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM @ Frederick Community Action Agency
Free, Anonymous & Confidential. Bring your used syringes - no appointment needed.
April 24, 2019, 11:30 AM - 2:00 PM @ Frederick Rescue Mission
April 26, 2019, 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM @ CORE Conference Room (Entrance C)
Frederick County Health Department Syringe Services Program (SSP) now offers the following FREE SERVICES:
• Distribution of sterile syringes & other injection equipment
• Distribution of fentanyl test strips
• Distribution of safe disposal containers & collection of used syringes
• Overdose response training & naloxone distribution
• Rapid HIV & Hepatitis C education, testing & linkage to care
• Wound care assessment, education & supplies
• Distribution of safe sex supplies
• Education on overdose prevention and safer injection practices
• Linkages to care & community resources
April 26, 2019, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM @ Frederick County Health Department
This hour-long training is available for anyone at risk for overdosing on heroin or prescription pain medication and anyone who may have an opportunity to help someone experiencing an overdose. You will learn: Types of Opioids; How to Recognize, Respond, and Prevent an Opioid Overdose; How to administer Naloxone/Narcan©; and Resources for Family Members, Friends & Loved Ones
April 27, 2019, 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM @ Former Trinity School Parking Lot, 6040 New Design Road
Maryland State Police Barracks – Frederick, 110 Airport Drive East, Frederick
Dept. of Natural Resources – Echo Lake, 2011 Monument Road, Myersville
Prescription and over-the-counter medicines, medical samples, pet medicines, medicated ointments & lotions may be dropped off during this event.
Syringes, needles, lancets & auto injectors may be dropped off at the Trinity School location only and must be separated from the items listed above.
April 30, 2019, 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM @ Frederick Community Action Agency