HIV / AIDS Services
HIV Walk-in Testing Days/Hours: Tuesdays and Fridays 9AM-3PM
(No appointment needed!)
For questions and/or to schedule an appointment for an HIV screening/test, please call 301-600-3342.
Frederick County Health Department provides free confidential HIV screening/testing, treatment services, and partner notification services.
Maryland is ranked #6 in the United States for new diagnosis. With early detection and adherence to medical treatment, a person living with HIV can live a long and healthy life.
CDC recommends that everyone between the ages of 13 and 64 get tested for HIV at least once as part of routine health care. For people with certain risk factors, CDC recommends getting tested at least once a year.
The HIV Program offers comprehensive HIV medical care to people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Free, anonymous, confidential, rapid HIV testing
- Testing results are available in approximately 15 minutes
- Case Management service are available for eligible recipients
- Support Group: call Kevin 301-835-9264, Rebecca 301-835-9261
- Partner notification assistance
- Referral for PrEP and PEP
Know Your Status. #ScienceNotStigma
What is Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP)?
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) can be used by people who are HIV-negative to reduce their risk of becoming infected with HIV if they come in contact with the virus. PrEP is taken once a day.
- Studies have shown PrEP can reduce risk of getting HIV by 92-99% if taken everyday.
- PrEP can be used for heterosexual, bisexual, gay and transgender individuals, and also by injection drug users and pregnant women.
- It is important to know that PrEP is not a cure for HIV and it cannot protect you from pregnancy or other sexually transmitted infections (STI), like gonorrhea or chlamydia.