To provide early intervention services that support young children with developmental needs and their families.
All children receive individualized services and supports so they enter school ready to learn and succeed.
To enable young children to be active and successful participants in a variety of settings including their homes, child care, preschool and community through:
- Positive social-emotional skills (including social relationships);
- Acquisition and use of knowledge and skills (including early language, communication and early literacy); and
- Use of appropriate behaviors to meet their needs
To enable families to care for their children and to be able to participate in their desired family and community activities because they:
- Know their rights;
- Effectively communicate their children's needs; and
- Help their children develop and learn
To be determined eligible for our services a child must be:
- Between the ages of birth to 3 years
- Reside in Frederick County
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- 25% or greater delay in any area of development
- Developing in a way that is considered "atypical" for most children his or her age
- Has a diagnosed condition that is likely to affect development
FCITP Services are family-centered and provided collaboratively by:
Anyone who is concerned about the development of a child can make a referral. Most children are referred by their families and pediatricians but referrals are also welcome from child care providers or concerned friends or neighbors.
Please contact us at 301-600-1611 or our referral line at 301-600-1612.
Referrals are also being accepted via fax at 301-600-3280, as well as through the Maryland Online Referral System: https://referral.mditp.org/Referral.html.
For additional information about how to make a referral or our current screening and intake process, please click here.
You can also follow us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/FCDevCenter.