- Health Department Site Plan Review
- Preliminary site inspection
- Subdivision plan review
- Technical assistance on plan review issues
On-Site Sewage Disposal System Property Evaluation
- Lot of Records, Tenant House, Farm lots, and Remainders.
- Applicants must submit and application to the Frederick County Department of Planning Development Review (DPDR) on the 2nd floor of Winchester Hall to have a determination made as to the status of the property.
- Determination letter fees are required. Contact DPDR for current fee amount.
- The written response will be prepared by DPDR.
- A completed site plan submittal form will then be submitted with 2 copies of a Health Department Site Plan, prepared by a State of Maryland licensed land surveyor, that complies with the regulations, along with all Health Department fees.
- Please view the Fee Schedule for the submittal fee.
- The plan review office will review the application and field check the proposed site to see if the property is acceptable for testing.
- If the plan meets the requirements for testing and given approval, the plan is given to the Well and Septic Office for soil evaluation and percolation testing.
- A letter will be sent to the applicant and the surveyor notifying them of the testing and the Health Department staff person to set-up an appointment with.
- A fee will be required for a perk test to be administered by Health Department staff.(See Fee Schedule)
- No appointments will be scheduled until all paperwork is completed and the fee has been paid.
- No site plans are needed for properties with existing houses.
- All subdivision plats will be submitted to the DPDR for review and will be forwarded to the Health Department.
- Once the review has been completed it will be forwarded to the Well and Septic office for evaluation.
- Once the plan is received there is a normal 15-day review time for the plan to be reviewed by the Plan Review office.
- If there is a problem or question prior to the site plan or subdivision being released for testing, you will be contacted by phone or mail regarding the issue.
Restricted Soil Season Schedule
Restricted Soil Season (changes have been made to the process for submissions of restricted soil documents, please review carefully)